The most promising innovation companies of Argentina will participate in the first Trade Mission to Silicon Valley, organized by the Buenos Aires City Government, between February28th and March 4th.
This trade mission, leaded by the Minister of Economic Development, Mr. Francisco Cabrera, has the aim of building a close relationship with the local ICT community, improving skills, creating new business and investment opportunities, promoting Buenos Aires new Technology District, and identifying the latest trends in technology innovation and entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley.
The thirteen Argentinean ICT companies delegation was selected by an expertise evaluation committee composed by representatives from Endeavor, Global Tech Bridge,Plug & Play Tech Center, Palermo Valley, INC Latinamerica, National Technology University (UTN-FRBA) and IAE BusinessSchool. This delegation includes companies from different sectorsas social games, mobile aplications, internet monitoring, online marketing, social plataforms and software technologies.
2011 Trade Mission Main Objectives:
- Create a close and long term relationship betweenthe City Government of Buenos Aires and Silicon Valley ecosystem
- Promote Buenos Aires Technology District and thebenfits to all ICT-related companies that settle therein
- Increase opportunities for investments by VC in the ICT community of Buenos Aires
- Improve IT investment skills between the communityof SV and Buenos Aires
- Encourage partnerships agreements between companiesfrom Buenos Aires and The Valley